Thursday, February 7, 2013

Vonn's "Mommy and Me" Session and Why Mom's Should get IN the picture!!


  When Vonn contacted me about doing a "Mommy and Me" session with her newborn little boy I was thrilled!! You’re probably thinking: "Of course, because you get to do what you LOVE Melissa and get paid for it!!!" While that is true, I was thrilled because I was so PROUD of Vonn making it a priority to capture these early memories with her new baby boy; these photographs are heirloom pieces that will last for generations!  I am a Mom AND photographer so you can image how hard it is to get "in" the picture. I think a lot of Mom's do the same regardless if they are photographers or not.  Mommies are always snapping those special moments that touch their heart which I LOVE but I want to encourage you Mom's to get IN the picture whether it's professional or not.  Your children will thank you later on!  You might have to ask more times than not, but that's ok! Don't forget to ask Dad (or whoever is around) to snap more than one; that will increase your chances of getting a more natural image. Oh and P.S.  Please don't worry about what you "look" like and let that hinder you from preserving memories; we accept and love our children just the way they are and I think the feeling should be mutual! Although I have to say, that Vonn is just beautiful!!! So without further ado here are the images from our "Mommy and Me" session at Heritage Village..and we actually got big sister to participate which was a nice surprise!









1 comment: